Saturday, November 13, 2010

Solidarity

Written October 25, 2010

It slowly starts to eat away at me.
This emptiness creeping up.
Its like an empty dry well heaving for moisture. Moisture coming in the form of love, of comfort.
Real or not artificial water fills it. But the sun dries it up again.
I am left dehydrated & sizziling up once again. Burning slowly inside from the dry emptiness. The unsataible heat!
I begin to panic.
Searching the corners for any dampness left. Searching the wrinkles of my walls for any reserved water. In time I'll find none.
It is inevitible. I fear the driness. I feel the burning. That endless emptiness I can't seem to fill. I can't seem to satisfy.
A cut out hole in my heart. In my soul that I cannot mend. I cannot close.
Just continously attempt to disguise it. To fool it. To confuse it w/ cheap temporary lubrication to reduce the friction.
But in time it all dries up. It all comes to light that inside there is emptiness. Inside there is a gap. That inside I am not whole.
It was carved out & stolen. Nothing can replace it. Its an endless battle to cover it up. To disguise it.
A smile. A routine. To wake up day after day regardless. Just hoping one day this hole will mend. This gap will fill.
Or a new heart, a new soul can replace it. I beg to be whole.
The well has dried up once again & water is scarce.
It's begining to burn again.

No comments:

Post a Comment